“Courage. Kindness. Friendship. Character. These are the qualities that define us as human beings, and propel us, on occasion, to greatness.” – R.J. Palacio
In This Kit You’ll Find:
- 5 copies of Wonder
- 1 copy of 365 Days of Wonder: Mr. Browne’s Precepts by R.J. Palacio
- 2 copies of We’re All Wonders by R.J. Palacio
- 1 copy of Wonder DVD
- 1 copy of the discussion questions (you may keep)
- Book sign-up sheet to keep track of books (you may keep)
- 8 name cards for Wonder activity (you may keep)
About the Book:
10-year-old Auggie Pullman was born with extreme facial abnormalities. He goes from being home-schooled to entering fifth grade at an urban private middle school. The book tells the story of his fear and struggles to be seen as just another student and finally finding self-acceptance. It explores the nature of friendship, fear, tenacity, and kindness and is an emotional & powerful read for both kids AND Adults.
You’ll Like It If You Like:
Unique, unusual characters, characters facing obstacles and challenges, changing people's perceptions about someone or something, to be inspired
Reading Level: Read Together, Grades 3 - 5, Read Alone, Grades 4 - 7
Fun things To Do & Explore at Your Book Club:
- Plan to spark a "Kindness Movement" of your own: Find a few ideas from thinkkindness.org
- Write your own precepts: Mr. Browne inspired his class with his precepts, do some of your inspiring and write your own personal precepts. Submit your precepts for publication on the Choosekind tumblr
- Watch the Movie: (DVD included in the kit) & try these recipes for movies snacks!
- Crafty Projects: Check out our Pinterest page for fun Wonder-based crafts
- We're All Wonders: For all ages, use the available name cards to tell your club members what makes them a wonder.
- We're All Wonders Readers: For those who read, We're All Wonders, drawing sheets & coloring pages from the book.
What to read next: